Fruity Spinach Salad
Tossed with ripe banana chunks, fresh strawberries and a poppy seed vinaigrette, this fabulous spinach salad looks and tastes special enough for company. —Joan Antonen, Arlington, South Dakota
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen unsweetened strawberries, thawed and undrained
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1 package (9 ounces) fresh spinach, torn
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 large banana, sliced
- 1 medium ripe California Avocado, peeled and sliced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- In a large bowl, whisk the first five ingredients until the sugar is
- dissolved. Stir in thawed strawberries and poppy seeds.
- Place spinach on individual salad plates. Arrange the fresh
- strawberries, banana and avocado over spinach. Top with green onions
- and dressing. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 214 calories, 13 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 29 mg sodium,