Fruity Horseradish Cream Cheese
Typically called a Jezebel Sauce, this sweet, fruity topping has an underlying bite from horseradish. The sauce, from Rita Reifenstein of Evans City, Pennsylvania is also great over pork or chicken.
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese
- 1/3 cup apple jelly, warmed
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/3 cup apricot spreadable fruit
- Assorted crackers
- Place cream cheese on a serving plate. In a small microwave-safe
- bowl, heat jelly until warmed. Stir in horseradish and mustard until
- blended. Stir in spreadable fruit; spoon over cream cheese. Serve
- with crackers. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1-1/3 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 2 tablespoons (calculated without crackers) equals 73 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 128 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 starch.