Fruity Green Salad for 2
“I'm a beekeeper, so I'm always looking for ways to use honey,” writes Hope Ralph of Woburn, Massachusetts. You'll love how its sweet flavor combines with the zippy balsamic vinegar.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 medium pear, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons dried cherries or cranberries
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey, warmed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- In a salad bowl, toss the greens, pear and cherries. In a small bowl,
- whisk the vinegar, honey, salt and pepper. Drizzle over salad and
- toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 129 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 174 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit.