Fruity Green Salad
I'm a beekeeper and always looking for new ways to use honey. I've found that when I put honey in dressing, I don't need to add oil, which cuts down on the fat. This salad goes well with any entree.
Hope Ralph of Woburn, Massachusetts
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 6 cups torn mixed salad greens or 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, torn
- 2 medium ripe pears, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup dried cherries or cranberries
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey, warmed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a salad bowl, toss the greens, pears and cherries. In a small
- bowl, combine the vinegar, honey, salt and pepper. Drizzle over
- salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 134 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 170 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit, 1 vegetable.