I RECEIVED this recipe from a friend a long time ago, and it's been a family favorite ever since.
The tartness of the slaw and the sweetness of the fruit give it a unique flavor. We like it best served with ham or pork chops. Margaret Wampler
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 3/4 cup mandarin oranges
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1 tablespoon juice. In a bowl, combine
- pineapple, cabbage, oranges and carrot; mix well. Combine onion,
- oil, vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper and reserved pineapple juice; stir
- into cabbage mixture. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 227 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 178 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein.