Fruity Acorn Squash
Here's an out-of-the-ordinary side dish that really perks up a fall menu.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 small acorn squash (about 1-1/4 pounds)
- 1 mediumt tart apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Cut acorn squash in half lengthwise; remove and discard seeds and
- membranes. Place squash cut side down in a greased 11-in. x 7-in.
- microwave-safe dish. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 4-6 minutes
- or until almost tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the apple, celery, raisins, brown
- sugar and pumpkin pie spice. Turn squash over; fill centers with
- apple mixture. Cover and microwave 3-4 minutes longer or until
- squash and apple filling are tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 201 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 25 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 3 g protein.