Fruited Turkey Salad
During my spare time, I can be found in the kitchen...I love trying new recipes. In this recipe, sunflower seeds add a special crunch to turkey salad.
7 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 4 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 cup seedless green grapes, halved
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup salted sunflower kernels, optional
- In a large bowl, combine turkey, pineapple, grapes and celery. Whisk
- together oil, orange juice, lemon juice, parsley and salt if desired
- in a small bowl. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Chill for 2 hours.
- Just before serving, add mayonnaise and sunflower kernels if
- desired; mix well. Yield: 7 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup (prepared with unsweetened pineapple and fat-free mayonnaise and without salt and sunflower seeds) equals 184 calories, 6 g fat (0 saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 280 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 13 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 fruit, 1 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon