Fruited Spinach Salad
I had a similar salad in a restaurant and thought it was great, so I came up with this recipe to prepare at home. I love the way the light, sweet dressing tops the refreshing salad ingredients.
Kate Reynolds, Seattle, Washington
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons raspberry jam or spreadable fruit
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, torn
- 1 red apple, chopped
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Drain oranges, reserving 1/2 cup juice. In a jar with tight-fitting
- lid, combine oil, jam, vinegar and reserved juice; shake well. In a
- large salad bowl, toss oranges, spinach, apple and pecans. Serve
- with the dressing. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 223 calories, 18 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 30 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.