Fruited Curry Turkey Salad
You’ll love the well-balanced flavors in this quick turkey salad. You can swap out the leftover turkey for chicken and serve it year-round. —Suzanne Kesel, Cohocton, New York
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 4 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1/2 cup chopped apple
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 5 cups torn mixed salad greens
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Stir in the
- turkey, apple, celery, walnuts and cranberries. Divide salad greens
- among five serving plates; top with turkey mixture. Yield: 5
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 472 calories, 29 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 96 mg cholesterol, 349 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 36 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.