Fruit with Yogurt Sauce
"This citrus and spice sauce for fresh fruit is such a success that I had to share the recipe," remarks Diane Hixon of Niceville, Florida. It's terrific alongside fruit kabobs or tossed into a medley.
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 cup (8 ounces) lemon yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 4 large firm bananas, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 medium cantaloupe, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 3 cups seeded cubed watermelon
- Place the water and raisins in a small bowl; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the yogurt, ginger, allspice and
- cardamom. Drain raisins; stir into yogurt mixture. Cover and
- refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Toss bananas in lemon juice. Alternately thread fruit on wooden
- skewers or place in a serving bowl. Serve with yogurt sauce. Yield:
- 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (with 2 tablespoons sauce) equals 170 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 47 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit, 1 starch.