Fruit Salad Sunburst
A plate of colorful fruits also took on a fresh look for my sunflower theme. This "floral" arrangement has a light pineapple dressing that I like a lot. Even my younger brother said it was "pretty good"!
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice
- 2 to 3 kiwifruit
- 1 pint blueberries
- 3 medium firm bananas, halved widthwise and lengthwise
- 1 medium navel orange, sliced and quartered
- 3 large strawberries, quartered
- In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and pineapple juice until
- smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until
- thickened. Cool.
- Cut the end off one kiwi; place cut side down in the center of a
- large round platter. Place blueberries evenly around kiwi. Cut
- remaining kiwi into 1/8-in. slices; place around edge of plate.
- Place bananas in a spoke pattern over blueberries. Arrange oranges
- over bananas and around center kiwi, overlapping slightly. Place
- strawberries between bananas. Drizzle with pineapple dressing.
- Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 132 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein.