Fruit Salad Dressing
"I like to top seasonal fruit with this smooth citrusy dressing," notes Frances Poste of Wall, South Dakota. "It makes a cool colorful salad for breakfast, lunch or picnics in the summer."
16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) pineapple juice
- 1 can (6 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1/2 to 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Assorted fresh fruit
- In a saucepan, combine the flour, pineapple juice, orange juice
- concentrate, sugar, honey and lemon juice. Bring to a boil; cook
- and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Cool. Serve
- over fruit. Leftover dressing may be refrigerate for up to 1 week.
- Yield: 2 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 70 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.