Fruit Pie Crumb Topping
My mother always sprinkled on this wonderful crumb topping to dress up her two-crust fruit pies. The topping not only looks pretty, it provides a crisp contrast to the soft fruit filling. I used it to top pies for my daughter's wedding reception.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- Dash ground cinnamon, optional
- In a small bowl, combine flour and sugar. Cut in butter until mixture
- resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over fruit pies. Sprinkle with
- cinnamon if desired. Yield: 1 cup (topping for 2 pies).
Tip: Prepare and refrigerate up to 2 days before baking pies.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 69 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 39 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.