Observes Cheryl Ollis of Matthews, North Carolina, "Everyone likes fresh fruit, and it's great served with this dip."
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 medium tart apple, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium pear, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- 24 grapes (about 1/4 pound)
- 24 fresh strawberries
- COCONUT DIP:
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free vanilla yogurt
- 4-1/2 teaspoons flaked coconut
- 4-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sugar orange marmalade
- Toss apple and pear with lemon juice. Divide fruit into 12 portions
- and thread onto wooden skewers. Combine dip ingredients in a small
- bowl; serve with the kabobs. Yield: 12 kabobs.
Nutrition Facts: One kabob with 1 tablespoon of dip equals 52 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 10 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit.