Fruit-Filled Raspberry Ring
People love this fruity gelatin ring that gets extra flavor from an ambrosia-like mixture in the center. I've been bringing it to potlucks, buffets and showers for 20 years. While it looks like you fussed, it's easy to make the night before a special occasion.
-Janice Steinmetz, Somers, Connecticut
12-16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) raspberry gelatin
- 4 cups boiling water
- 1 quart raspberry sherbet
- 1 can (14 ounces) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in sherbet
- until melted. Pour into an 8-cup ring mold coated with cooking
- spray. Chill overnight or until firm.
- In another large bowl, combine the pineapple, oranges, coconut,
- marshmallows and sour cream. Cover and chill. To serve, unmold
- gelatin onto a serving plate. Spoon fruit mixture into center of
- ring. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 180 calories, 5 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 68 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.