Fruit-Filled Puff Pancake
My husband and I often make a meal of this fruity puff pancake. The combination of cinnamon, blueberries and bananas is wonderful.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 medium ripe banana, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place butter in a 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 400° for 4-5 minutes
- or until melted. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the flour, 1
- tablespoon sugar and salt. Add eggs and milk; whisk until smooth.
- Pour into hot pie plate. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until
- edges are puffed and golden brown. Meanwhile, combine blueberries
- and banana.
- In a small bowl, combine cinnamon and remaining sugar. Spoon fruit
- mixture onto pancake; sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar. Cut into wedges.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 piece equals 232 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 171 mg cholesterol, 240 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.