- sheets. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Place a slightly rounded teaspoon of filling in the center of each
- square or circle. Shape by folding two opposite points of squares
- over one another or by folding edges of circles together; press to
- seal. Bake at 350° for 9-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Dust with
- confectioners' sugar.
- To prepare tarts: Shape one portion of dough into twelve 1-in. balls.
- Press onto the bottom and up the sides of ungreased miniature muffin
- cups. Repeat with remaining dough. Bake at 350° for 10-12
- minutes or until lightly browned.
- Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, gently make a 3/8- to
- 1/2-in.-deep indentation in the center of each tart. Cool for 10
- minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Dust with
- confectioners' sugar. Spoon about a tablespoon of filling into each
- tart. Yield: 3 dozen.
Editor's Note: Each type of filling makes enough to fill the entire batch of cookies. If you would like to use both fillings, make two batches of the dough.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (calculated without confectioners' sugar) equals 132 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 71 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.