Fruit Cream Salad
“My son calls this great-tasting fruit salad 'awesome,' and it was an instant hit with my family. I love that it's virtually fat-free and a big hit at brunches and potlucks!”
-Sheila Eggert of Elgin, Illinois
9 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups cold fat-free milk
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/3 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 3/4 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1-1/2 cups frozen unsweetened sliced peaches, thawed and chopped
- 2 medium apples, peeled and cubed
- 2 medium firm bananas, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- Kiwifruit wedges, optional
- In a large bowl, beat the milk, pudding mix and orange juice
- concentrate on low speed for 2 minutes. Stir in yogurt. Fold in the
- pineapple, oranges, peaches and apples. Cover and refrigerate for 2
- Just before serving, fold in bananas. Garnish with kiwi if desired.
- Yield: 9 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 163 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 170 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit, 1/2 starch.