Fruit Compote With Brie
What a special, versatile recipe! “I stir leftover compote into yogurt or serve it over cheesecake, ice cream, blintzes and crepes.” Clara Coulston - Washington Court House, OH
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese
- 2/3 cup golden raisins and cherries
- 1/3 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cherry preserves
- Assorted crackers
- Place cheese on an ungreased oven-proof serving plate. Bake at
- 400° for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is softened.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the golden raisins and
- cherries, apple juice and vanilla; bring to a boil. Remove from the
- heat; stir in preserves. Spoon over cheese. Serve with crackers.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 ounce cheese with about 2 tablespoons fruit topping (calculated without crackers) equals 140 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 179 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer