Fruit Cocktail Salad
"Convenient canned fruit and instant pudding mix streamline preparation of this refreshing medley," reports Karen Buhr from Gasport, New York. This shortcut salad can also be served as a sweet satisfying dessert for diabetics.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) fruit cocktail in juice
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 package (1 ounce) instant sugar-free vanilla pudding mix
- 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
- In a bowl, combine the fruit and lemon juice. Sprinkle with pudding
- mix. Stir gently for 1 minute or until mixture is thickened. Fold in
- bananas. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving equals 88 calories, 101 mg sodium, 0 cholesterol, 22 gm carbohydrate, 1 gm protein, trace fat, 2 gm fiber. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit.