Fruit Cocktail Delight
I use convenient canned fruit cocktail and instant pudding to prepare this dessert. It makes a refreshing and pretty finale to any meal, especially when it's served in glass dishes. I sometimes garnish each serving with whipped cream and a cherry.Bonnie Evans, Cameron, North Carolina
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 1 can (15 ounces) fruit cocktail, undrained
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
- Chopped nuts, optional
- In a large bowl, combine fruit cocktail and dry pudding mix; stir for
- 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Chill until
- serving. Fold in marshmallows just before serving. Garnish with nuts
- if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (prepared with reduced-sugar fruit cocktail and sugar-free pudding mix and without nuts) equals 95 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 667 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit.