Fruit 'n' Veggie Salad
"This lovely salad, which combines vegetables, fruit and a sweet/tart dressing, is a tasty change from the ordinary," notes Jean Conway of Anaheim, California.
1 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup torn fresh spinach
- 1/3 cup chopped apple
- 1/4 cup broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 dried apricots, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sunflower kernels
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, honey
- and salt; shake well. In a small bowl, combine the remaining
- ingredients. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Yield: 1
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 502 calories, 35 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 698 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 5 g protein.