Fruit 'n' Feta Spinach Salad
“This is a salad I served on our 25th wedding anniversary,” says Paula Wharton of El Paso, Texas. “Everyone always comments on the blending of fruits, nuts and spinach. It's an easy salad to put together, it's low in fat and makes a very pretty presentation.”
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 medium apple, sliced
- 1/2 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 5 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, apple, grapes,
- cranberries, onions and walnuts.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with feta cheese.
- Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 134 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 184 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable,