Fruit 'N' Rice Salad
This colorful combination of strawberries, pear, peach , pineapple and banana is tossed with yogurt and rice for a delightful side dish that really says summer. Violet Beard from Marshall, Illinois submitted this recipe.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 can (8 ounces) DOLE® Pineapple Chunks in 100% Pineapple Juice
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1/2 cup quartered fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup sliced peeled fresh pear
- 1/2 cup sliced peeled peach
- 1/2 cup sliced firm banana
- 2 tablespoons fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup juice. In a large bowl, combine
- the pineapple, rice, strawberries, pear, peach and banana. In a
- small bowl, whisk the yogurt, honey and reserved pineapple juice.
- Pour over fruit mixture; toss to coat. Line salad plates with
- spinach; top with fruit mixture. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (3/4 cup fruit mixture with 1/2 cup spinach) equals 159 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 24 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit, 1 starch.