Fruit & Nut Salad
When you want to serve a salad with some pizzazz and is sure to please, try this one. It has crisp apples, crunchy pecans and sweet dried cranberries...delicious.Susan Jones, Appleton, Wisconsin
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 packages (5 ounces each) spring mix salad greens
- 2 large apples, chopped
- 1 can (9-1/4 ounces) lightly salted cashews
- 1 package (5 ounces) dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- POPPY SEED VINAIGRETTE:
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large salad bowl, combine the greens, apples, cashews,
- cranberries and cheese.
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinaigrette ingredients. Pour over salad;
- toss to coat. Serve immediately.
- Yield: 16 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 256 calories, 16 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 227 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.