Frozen Yogurt Cookie Dessert
"We often prepare this yummy dessert for company," Ellen Thompson shares from Springfield, Ohio. Just five ingredients are all that's needed for the creamy, chocolate- and peanut-flavored sensation. And best of all? "It's easy to take just the portion you want and freeze the rest for later," suggests Ellen.
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + freezing
- 12 reduced-fat Oreo cookies, crushed
- 1 quart low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt, softened
- 1/3 cup chocolate syrup
- 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- Set aside 1 tablespoon cookie crumbs. Sprinkle the remaining crumbs
- into an 11-in. x 7-in. dish coated with cooking spray. Freeze for 10
- Carefully spread frozen yogurt over crumbs. Drizzle with chocolate
- syrup and sprinkle with peanuts. Spread with whipped topping;
- sprinkle with reserved crumbs.
- Cover and freeze for at least 2 hours. Remove from the freezer 10
- minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 piece equals 220 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 193 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.