Frozen Sundae Pie
“This can be assembled before hand without the bananas, then put them on top right before serving,” suggests Mary Ann Dell, Phoenixville, Pennsylvania. “I also use different types of ice cream from time to time.” It's like a banana split in a pie.
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 9 chocolate wafers
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 tablespoon hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- 1/2 cup sliced banana
- 1 tablespoon caramel ice cream topping, warmed
- 1 tablespoon dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- Arrange wafers in a 7-in. pie plate, breaking wafers as necessary.
- Spread ice cream into crust. Freeze for at least 2 hours or until
- Drizzle fudge topping over pie; top with banana slices. Drizzle with
- caramel topping; sprinkle with peanuts. Serve immediately. Yield: 4
Nutrition Facts: 1 piece equals 250 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 174 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.