Frozen Raspberry Delight
Light and refreshing, here's a dessert created with busy holiday hostesses in mind. It's easy, lovely, serves a crowd and can be made days ahead for convenience.
12-15 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + freezing
- 2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs (about 32 cookies)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- 2 quarts vanilla ice cream or frozen vanilla yogurt, softened
- 2 pints raspberry sherbet
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Fresh mint leaves and fresh raspberries, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the cookie crumbs, butter and sugar. Press
- into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Carefully spread hot fudge topping over the crust. Spread ice cream
- evenly over topping. Spread raspberry sherbet over ice cream; swirl
- gently. Top with whipped topping. Cover and freeze for 8 hours or
- Remove from the freezer 10-15 minutes before serving. Garnish with
- mint and raspberries if desired. Cut into squares. Yield: 12-15
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 385 calories, 15 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 188 mg sodium, 59 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.