Frozen Orange Cream Pie
Dessert doesn't get much easier than this frosty five-ingredient favorite from Nancy Horsburgh. "It's cool and refreshing," promises the Everett, Ontario reader "Children like it because it tastes like a popular ice cream treat."
6-8 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + freezing
- 2-1/2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 3 drops red food coloring, optional
- 1 drop yellow food coloring, optional
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- In a bowl, combine the ice cream and orange juice concentrate. Stir
- in food coloring if desired. Spoon into crust. Cover and freeze for
- 8 hours or overnight. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before
- serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 244 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 155 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.