Frozen Mud Pie
Here's one of those "looks like you fussed" desserts that is so easy it's become a standard for me. I love the mocha version, but pure chocolate lovers may prefer using chocolate chip ice cream. The cookie crust is a snap to make.
-Debbie Terenzini-Wilkerson, Lusby, Maryland
8 ServingsPrep: 40 min. + freezing
- 1-1/2 cups Oreo cookie crumbs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar, optional
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 cups chocolate chip or coffee ice cream, softened
- 1/4 cup chocolate syrup, divided
- Additional Oreo cookies, optional
- In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and sugar if desired. Stir in
- butter. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in.
- pie plate. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Spoon 2 cups ice cream into crust. Drizzle with half the chocolate
- syrup; swirl with knife. Carefully top with remaining ice cream.
- Drizzle with remaining syrup; swirl with a knife. Cover and freeze
- until firm.
- Remove from the freezer 10-15 minutes before serving. Garnish with
- whole cookies if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 381 calories, 22 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 240 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.