Frozen Grasshopper Torte
I first made this tasty torte for a ladies' meeting at our church, and it went over very well. I've made it often since then and have received many compliments from young and old alike.
12-16 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + freezing
- 4 cups crushed cream-filled chocolate cookies (about 40)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Few drops green food coloring
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Combine cookie crumbs and butter. Set aside 1/4 cup for garnish;
- press remaining crumbs onto the bottom of a 9-in. springform pan,
- two 9-in. pie plates or a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Spread ice cream over crust. Freeze.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine milk and marshmallow creme; stir
- until well blended. Add extract and food coloring. Fold in whipped
- cream. Spoon over ice cream and sprinkle with reserved crumbs.
- Freeze until firm. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 385 calories, 24 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 256 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.