Frozen Cranberry Salad
This recipe is different from most cranberry salads and it's delectable. This salad freezes firm, but is easy to cut into serving size pieces.Suzanne Merrill, Nampa, Idaho
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + freezing
- 1 can (14 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Line a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan with foil; set aside. Place the
- cranberry sauce, orange juice and peel in a food processor; cover
- and process until blended. Transfer to prepared pan.
- In a small bowl, beat cream and sugar until it begins to thicken.
- Stir in mayonnaise. Spread over cranberry mixture: sprinkle with
- pecans. Cover and freeze for 4 hours or until firm. May be frozen
- for up to 1 month.
- To use frozen salad: Using foil, lift salad out of pan. Cut into
- pieces. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 piece equals 175 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 46 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.