Frozen Coconut Dessert
A crunchy coconut and macadamia nut garnish pairs well with this cool and creamy dessert. Charlotte Mallet-Prevost, Frederick, Maryland
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2-1/3 cups flaked coconut, divided
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
- In a large saucepan, bring water and sugar to a boil. Cook,
- uncovered, for 5 minutes. Cool. Stir in 2 cups coconut and vanilla.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form; fold into coconut
- mixture. Pour into serving dishes. Cover and freeze overnight.
- Remove from the freezer 45 minutes before serving. Toast the
- remaining coconut; sprinkle over dessert. Top with macadamia nuts.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 447 calories, 36 g fat (23 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 108 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.