Frozen Coconut Caramel Pie
I received this recipe from a dear friend, who was a great cook and often tried new recipes. This pretty pie is just right for those with a sweet tooth.
Lois Triplet, Springhill, Louisiana
12-16 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + freezing
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 graham cracker crusts (9 inches each)
- 1 jar (12 ounces) caramel ice cream topping
- In a skillet, melt butter; add coconut and pecans. Cook and stir over
- medium heat for 10 minutes or until golden brown and toasted; set
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and milk until smooth. Fold in whipped
- topping. Pour into crusts. Drizzle with caramel topping; sprinkle
- with coconut mixture.
- Cover and freeze for 8 hours or overnight or until firm. Remove from
- the freezer 5 minutes before slicing. Yield: 2 pies (6-8 servings
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 421 calories, 22 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 299 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.