Frozen Chocolate Torte
"In summer, this cool make-ahead dessert is one of my favorites," relates Tammy Neubauer of Ida Grove, Iowa.
12 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + freezing
- 1 package (10-1/2 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt marshmallows and chocolate chips
- with milk. Remove from heat; cool.
- In a skillet, stir coconut in butter until browned. Remove from the
- heat; stir in crumbs. Pat three-fourths into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish;
- cool. Spoon half of the ice cream onto crust.
- Top with half of the chocolate mixture. Layer with remaining ice
- cream and chocolate. Sprinkle with remaining crumbs. Cover and
- freeze for at least 2 hours. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 528 calories, 28 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 296 mg sodium, 67 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.