Frozen Banana Pops
This is a nice dessert after a casual meal. The kids love rolling the bananas in various toppings, and I like keeping the frosty treats in the freezer for healthy snacks.Joy Cochran, Roy, Washington
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Freeze: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 4 medium firm bananas, halved
- 8 Popsicle sticks
- 1/3 cup finely chopped nuts
- In a small heavy saucepan, melt chocolate chips and honey over low
- heat, stirring constantly. Add peanut butter; stir until smooth.
- Remove from the heat and stir in milk.
- Peel bananas and insert Popsicle sticks into one end. Spoon chocolate
- mixture over bananas to coat. Sprinkle with nuts. Place on a waxed
- paper-lined baking sheet. Freeze for at least 30 minutes. Serve
- frozen. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One pop equals 213 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 0.55 mg cholesterol, 67 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch, 1 fruit.