Frosty Pistachio Delight
“I love the simple make-ahead convenience of this refreshing dessert drizzled with fudge topping," writes Sandie Davenport from Farmer City, Illinois. "Being able to make this pie the night before and then freeze it gives me time to work on all those last-minute holiday dinner details!”
15 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + freezing
- 2-1/2 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 carton (1-1/2 quarts) vanilla ice cream, softened
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant pistachio pudding mix
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons pistachios, chopped, divided
- 3 drops green food coloring, optional
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 jar (11-3/4 ounces) hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and butter. Press into a
- greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 7-9 minutes
- or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, combine the ice cream, pudding mixes, 1 cup
- pistachios and food coloring if desired. Fold in whipped topping.
- Spread over crust. Cover and freeze for at least 4 hours.
- Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Drizzle with fudge
- topping; sprinkle with remaining pistachios. Yield: 15 servings.