Frosty Pineapple Salad
At her home in Moncks Corner, South Carolina, reader Lillian Volf serves this cool pineapple treat as a salad or dessert. The frozen fluff calls for only four ingredients and costs a mere 23 cents for each refreshing serving.
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + freezing
- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a small bowl, combine the buttermilk, sugar and pineapple. Fold in
- the whipped topping. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Freeze for 4
- hours or until firm. Remove from the freezer 20 minutes before
- serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts:Nutritional Analysis: One 1/2-cup serving (prepared with reduced-fat whipped topping) equals 135 calories, 3 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 36 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit, 1 fat.