Frosty Lemon-Strawberry Dessert
"This fun frosty treat came from a very dear elderly friend who was a great cook. I think of her whenever I make it. It’s so simple, cool and refreshing on a hot summer day. You can also add fresh blueberries for a beautiful red-white-and-blue patriotic showstopper!"
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
15 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- Place strawberries in a food processor; cover and process until
- pureed. Transfer to a large bowl; add the ice cream, lemonade
- concentrate and lemon peel. Beat until blended.
- Pour into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Cover and freeze
- overnight. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving.
- Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 piece equals 194 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 58 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.