- ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 25-30
- minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool completely on a
- wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until
- fluffy. Fold in whipped topping. Spread over crust. Cover and freeze
- for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, salt
- and water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes
- or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in the butter, lemon
- juice, lemon peel and food coloring if desired. Transfer to a bowl;
- refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Spread lemon mixture over cream cheese layer. Cover and freeze for 1
- hour. Fold lemon peel into whipped topping; spread over lemon layer.
- Cover and freeze for up to 1 month. Remove from the freezer 15
- minutes before serving. Cut into squares. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 373 calories, 20 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 162 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.