Frosty Freeze Tarts
You can make these quick tarts with orange, lime or raspberry sherbet, depending on your preference. All are tasty.
2 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + freezing
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons crushed chocolate wafers (about 9)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup marshmallow creme
- 1/2 cup orange sherbet or flavor of your choice, softened
- 1 cup whipped topping
- Additional whipped topping and crushed chocolate wafers, optional
- In a bowl, combine the wafer crumbs, sugar and butter. Press onto the
- bottom and up the sides of two ungreased 4-1/2-in. fluted tart pans
- with removable bottoms. Bake at 375° for 7-9 minutes or until
- crust is set. Cool.
- In a bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add marshmallow creme;
- beat until blended. Fold in sherbet. Fold in whipped topping. Fill
- tart shells. Cover and freeze. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes
- before serving. Garnish with additional whipped topping and wafer
- crumbs if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 582 calories, 27 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 366 mg sodium, 78 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.