Frosty Angel Torte
Arnoldsburg, West Virginia field editor Blanche Whytsell says, "This torte looks like you fussed, but it is so easy to make!"
10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 1 loaf-shaped angel food cake (10-1/2 ounces)
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed and drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed unsweetened pineapple, drained
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Slice cake in half horizontally. Cut ice cream into slices to fit
- cake; place on bottom cake layer. Replace top. Combine strawberries,
- pineapple, marshmallows and 1/4 cup pecans; fold in whipped topping.
- Spread over top and slides of cake. Sprinkle with remaining pecans.
- Freeze for at least 2 hours. Slice and serve frozen. Yield: 10
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 291 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 248 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.