Frosted Ruby Punch
With its crimson ice ring and dollops of sherbet, this punch is pretty enough for parties. "To make the ice ring, I freeze cranberry juice in a mold," says Sandi Pichon of Slidell, Louisiana. "It's perfect for a bridal shower or tea party."
8 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + freezing
- 4 cups cranberry juice
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups lemon juice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 4 cups ginger ale, chilled
- 1 quart raspberry sherbet
- Pour cranberry juice into a 5-cup ring mold. Freeze over night.
- In a punch bowl, combine the sugar, lemon juice and orange juice
- until sugar is dissolved; stir in the ginger ale. Remove ice ring
- from mold; float in punch. Place scoops of sherbet around ring.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 372 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 46 mg sodium, 93 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.