- large bowl. Add orange peel, orange juice, milk, oil and egg yolks.
- Beat at medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bottom and sides of bowl
- often. Fold egg whites into batter until well blended. Pour evenly
- into prepared pans.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until center springs back when touched
- lightly and wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in
- pans 10 minutes. Remove from pans; cool completely.
- Beat powdered sugar, shortening and orange peel in a large bowl with
- an electric mixer until smooth. Add orange juice gradually, beating
- until desired consistency. Add more juice as needed.
- Place one cake layer top side down onto serving dish. Spread top of
- with frosting. Top with second layer. Frost sides and top of cake.
- Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts:Nutrition Information: Calories 455, Total Fat 14.4g, Saturated Fat 2.1g, Cholesterol 36mg, Sodium 5294mg, Total Carbohydrate 81g, Dietary Fiber 0.6g, Protein 3.3g, Vitamin A 3%DV, Vitamin C 15%DV, Calcium 8%DV, Iron 3%DV