Frosted Fruit Salad
Ann Fox in Austin, Texas came up with this breakfast recipe that’s easy, light, delicious and uses up the bananas and apples she always has on hand.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 large apples, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 carton (6 ounces) fat-free sugar-free raspberry yogurt
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon sunflower kernels
- In a large bowl, combine apples and bananas. Sprinkle with lemon
- juice; toss to coat. Stir in the yogurt, raisins and sunflower
- kernels. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 124 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 31 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 2 fruit.