Turn leftover rice into a tasty new side dish suggested by field editor Suzanne McKinley of Lyons, Georgia. "It's a snap to put together," she says.
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- In a skillet coated with cooking spray, saute green pepper until
- crisp-tender. Add egg substitute; cook and stir until egg is
- completely set. Chop egg into small pieces. Add rice and soy sauce;
- heat through. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutrition Facts:Nutritional Analysis: One 1/2-cup serving equals 105 calories, 226 mg sodium, trace cholesterol, 20 gm carbohydrate, 4 gm protein, 1 gm fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable.