I revised this recipe from an old cookbook. It's a great way to use up leftover cooked rice and it can be ready in just a few minutes.Rhonda Olivieri, East Earl, Pennsylvania
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 cups cold cooked rice
- 3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the
- rice, teriyaki sauce, parsley, garlic powder and pepper. Cook over
- medium-low heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the egg;
- cook and stir until egg is completely set, about 3 minutes. Yield: 4
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 344 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 592 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.