Fried Corn Balls
These bite-size treats are so easy to make. Serve them as an appetizer or as a side to a beef or chicken entree.Ronnie-Ellen Timoner, Middletown, New York
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 can (8-1/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 3/4 cup crushed saltines (about 22 crackers)
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, corn, cracker crumbs, sugar and
- baking powder (batter will be soft).
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Drop
- batter by rounded teaspoonfuls; fry in batches until golden brown,
- about 1 minute on each side. Drain on paper towels. Serve warm.
- Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.