Fried Chicken Pitas
These pitas are very different from your usual chicken sandwiches—they use leftover fried chicken! No one will be able to resist these tasty treats. —Jennifer Veneziano, Carmel, Indiana
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3 cups thinly sliced fried chicken (including crispy skin)
- 1 cup coleslaw salad dressing
- 1/3 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions with tops
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 pita bread halves
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, dressing, bacon, onions,
- mustard and pepper. Spoon into pita bread. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 478 calories, 28 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 89 mg cholesterol, 969 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein.