Fried cabbage is so good with potatoes, deviled eggs and corn bread, with blackberry cobbler for dessert. We grew our own cabbage and potatoes, and it was always fun to go wild blackberry pickin' in the woods.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups coarsely chopped cabbage
- 1 tablespoon water
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in the sugar,
- salt, pepper flakes and pepper. Add the cabbage and water. Cook for
- 5-6 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Yield: 6
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 59 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 251 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.